For many car drivers, our transporting machine is just that, a vehicle that gets us from A to B. However, for others, our cars are much more than that. They are our babies and more like an honorary member of the family. We are also curious about the car history that led us to the vehicles that sit in our garages, carports, and driveways today.
Here are some quick facts about our four-wheeled friends that tell us how automobiles have advanced over time.
- The year 1886 is considered to be the birth of the modern car.
- From 1908-1914, Ford’s Model T could be purchased in several different colors, but not in the color black.
- The United States has more cars than any other country in the world.
- There are now twenty-nine states that have enacted legislation related to autonomous vehicles.
- Electric cars are not a new thing; they were already being manufactured in 1905.
- A single car has about 30,000 parts. About 80% of a car is recyclable.
Just knowing a little more about the vehicles, we drive can certainly help us to appreciate our four-wheeled friends even more.
I hope these quick car facts has provided you with more knowledge about your vehicle!