August means it is “Back to School” time! This time of the year brings forth many emotions. Some feel excited, nervous and giddy, while others may feel anxious, and downright sad. Whether it is you or the kids who are making their way to school, there are a few things you should do to ensure that your car is back to school ready.
- Check under the hood. Make sure that your vehicle will not fail you by having a professional peek at your engine and any other vital parts needed for a smooth ride.
- Check Your tires. Look for irregularities and/or punctures. Make sure to check your tire pressure. The last thing you need is a flat tire making you or your kids late for class.
- Is it time for an oil change? If so, make sure you schedule an appointment sooner rather than later.
- Windshield wipers and fluid. Check to see if your windshield wipers are working properly and take this time to top up on your windshield wiper fluid.
- Add essentials to your vehicle too; such as, a first aid kit, a tire pressure gauge, extra pens and perhaps even a cooler to keep your drinks nice and cold for the ride or for your school breaks.
Hopefully, you will do an overall check on your vehicle and make sure it works properly. Your car should then be ready to get you and your kids safely to and from school.