If you have owned a small vehicle or sporty one, but now you need to upgrade to a family size one, it might be time to head back to your dealership to buy a sedan, SUV or van. Here are a few pointers that might help you along the way.
- If possible, bring the family along with you so they too can be a part of the decision making. If they cannot come along, ask them what they would want in a vehicle prior to going to the dealership. Look it up online to see costs and if the items they mention will fit into your budget. Maybe you can do a drive-by while you are test driving the car(s) you like the most. It is important to take into consideration that there will need to be enough legroom, elbow space, and room for cargo for the whole family.
- Try to stay focused on options, models, trims, and features that you, your significant other, and kids will use.
- Should there be an entertainment system in the back for your kids to watch movies? Or how about an extra row of seating?
- Focus on the future. Are you planning on growing your family in the next five years? Take plans like these and incorporate them into the vehicle you choose.
- Make sure you take the vehicle out for a family test drive and see if it is comfortable for all occupants.
Once you have decided, your family will appreciate being a part of the process because you will get a vehicle you know each member will love.
If I can be of any help to you and your family, please contact me!