Summer is winding down, and if you own a swimming pool or had access to one during the hot summer days, you may have accumulated some swim noodles. Yeah, you could store them and use them again next summer, but they don't have to be limited to just the pool. They have so many more uses!
Some of these tips are for auto-related uses and some are not. You pick and choose which ones you like and want to use. Let me know if there is another use out there for the pool noodle that I didn’t list!
- Close Gaps Between Doors—If your house has drafts under the exterior doors, your house might feel cooler and chillier in the winter. The cold weather outside is finding its way through the door because the weather stripping isn’t tight. To stop the flow of cold air, use a pool noodle to fill the gap between the door and the floor.
- Bumping Your Car Door in the Garage - If you have a narrow garage, then parking your car inside can sometimes be a pain. It might be difficult to get out of your car, because you’re afraid of banging your car door against the wall. To protect your doors from scratches and the wall, build a padded garage bumper. Cut the noodle in half, lengthwise and mount with removable Velcro strips or glue to the area where your car door bumps the wall the most.
- Funnel - Use your pool noodle as an extra-long funnel. Make sure there are no holes in it and hook it up to your sink to control the flow of water! You can use it for any fluid flow where you need extra length.
- Support Your Plants—Instead of buying plant stakes, use a pool noodle as a support for plants. Cut the noodle lengthwise using a knife. Then, fit it around the base of a plant. You can stack them if you need extra height.
- Maintain Boot Shape—You can put noodles in the tops of your tall winter boots to help maintain their shape when you are not wearing them. Cut the noodles to the height of each boot and place them inside. They will stand tall all winter long!!
- Car Seat Footrest—Give your child a footrest in the car. Strap the pool noodle to the bottom of their car seat so they have a place to put their feet other than the back of your seat. They will be much more comfortable, especially on long rides.
- Build a Decorative Wreath—Secure the ends of a pool noodle together to create a circle. Decorate the pool noodle with anything that’s festive or holiday-related to create a lovely wreath.
- Cover Trampoline Springs—Cut and cover the springs on a trampoline to keep them safe for your kids with pool noodles!
- Foam Lightsabers—Do you have little Jedi’s at your house? You can make fun lightsabers with those pool noodles. Just use duct tape and decorate accordingly. These are perfect if you’re throwing a Star Wars themed birthday party.
- Holiday Legs Decoration - Use a pool noodle to make Halloween or Christmas decorations. You can put shoes on them and make them look like witches or elf legs.
Happy End of Summer! It’s coming soon! Last day of summer is Sunday, September 22, 2019!