Buying a car is not for the faint of heart - it can be an experience that causes you to break out in a sweat if a salesman runs his pitch on you. Don't worry! The tips in this article will ensure you're prepared for the journey which lies ahead, allowing you to get the bargain you deserve and the best car buying experience possible.
- Do a little research before you enter the showroom. When you walk into a showroom, sticker prices are usually listed right on the cars. It is important to understand that dealerships should have some wiggle room from these prices and I want to help you get the best deal possible. If you do your research online first, you can gain an understanding of how much the car you want is selling for you in your area. This will help you to understand how much room there is down from sticker price so that you get the deal you are really looking for.
- Never, ever skip the test drive when you are car shopping. You have to get behind the wheel of that car and see how it feels before committing to a buying it. Make sure you try a variety of driving conditions, including surface streets and interstate driving. Do not forget to try pulling it into a parking space.
- Shop around before you even come into the dealership. If you spend some time on our local dealer's website, you can learn about the incentives that are offered. You can use it as a negotiating point and may be able to get a better deal.
- When buying a new car, check out reviews of the vehicle on the internet before going to the dealer. If people have had bad experiences with the car you are thinking of buying, you might want to choose a different one. Most new car loans are for 6 or 7 years and you do not want to have problems with the car in that time frame.
- If you are shopping for a new car, you might want to leave your kids at home. They might have a good time going on a test drive or two, but they will usually end up being bored. This could make it difficult to focus on the task at hand. If you do bring your kids, I have colouring books, toys, wifi and tv to help keep them busy if they want.
These simple tips will allow you to change your car shopping habits for the better, help you pay less, get a better car and allow you to enjoy your car buying experience. Follow each carefully to ensure you got the optimum results once you are handed the keys to your new car. Good luck!